Wednesday, March 18, 2015

7. Trunks (No, Not the Elephant Kind)

I'm gonna be completely honest: I had no idea what a trunk show was. I thought it was like a runway show, except the models just stand around the room whilst those attending mull around drinking champagne and talking about things that are way over my head. To my surprise, however, they're nothing like that (that's a fashion presentation). A trunk show is basically when designers show off samples of their clothing, and the general public is able to go and purchase these pieces.

I had a hard time finding a video of a trunk show, but the one I did find is quite interesting. It's a trunk show for Stella & Dot, but it is not by the company. Apparently, Stella & Dot allows people to set up their own trunk shows and sell for the brand. In this video, a woman is showing how she set up for her particular trunk show that she was hosting.

I think it's very risky for Stella & Dot to have this kind of business model, but it does allow them to reach more consumers and increase sales.

Anyways, without further ado, here's the trunk show video:

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the risky business you mentioned. That may be an odd way to promote your brand. Its definitely forward thinking with the fashion industry not being as traditional as it has been in the past. Very interesting show!

    ReplyDelete