Friday, February 27, 2015

6. Catwalk

I'm going to be completely honest: I'm pretty lazy when it comes to watching shows during fashion week. I know I should be huddled around my computer binge-watching the catwalks so that I'm up to date with what's going on, but I'm just too dang lazy. However, there is one brand that I always manage to watch, no matter what, and that's Burberry. I'm absolutely obsessed with everything they do, what they're about... they can do no wrong in my eyes! One of their shows in particular, the Prorsum Womenswear A/W '12 show, affected me like no other fashion show has. Not only are the designs absolutely stunning, but the atmosphere and music tie the whole thing together. My favorite part is the finale, with the artificial rain and flurry of snow, and the models all carrying umbrellas... it lends for a real cinematic quality that I absolutely adore. Ever since seeing that show, I've wanted to work for Burberry (in their cosmetics department, but for them nonetheless). Every single time I watch the show, no matter how many times I watch it, it still gives me the chills.

Without further ado, the Burberry Prorsum Womenswear A/W '12 show. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a big fan of Burberry, but I totally adored their A/W'12 show! Their designs are incredibly stunning! Like you mentioned, the finale scene is subtle, didn't see that coming, very surprising. One of the best Burberry runway out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore Burberry as well! I am also not the best at keeping up to date with fashion week, but I try to make time for Burberry! I dream of one day having my own classic Burberry Trench. I agree with you that the ending makes the whole show worth wild. Here is a link to the men's runway show:

    http://youtu.be/kacPRPBnf8c

    I like that they were consistent with the umbrellas as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a huge fan of Burberry and they're one of the very few designers that I would spend the extra money for because of their iconic, yet classic design. I always wanted to invest in one of their scarves, I just haven't had the willpower to do so yet!

    ReplyDelete