Tuesday, February 3, 2015

2. Texturize

Let's talk about upcoming trends for the S/S '16 season. One of the biggest trends, and one that I personally am extremely excited for, is the use of eye-catching texture in garments. According to WGSN, fur, pompoms, and hair in pastels and brights are predicted to be seen on many a runway. Many forecasters are using the term "immersive tactility" to explain this trend; that is, something that is 3-dimensional and able to be physically touched. Inspiration for this trend is being pulled from pop-culture, blog-culture and cartoons.



This trend was introduced in the A/W '14 season by designers like Vionnet and Olympia Le Tan, both in clothing and accessories. 


And more recently by powerhouse designers like Betsey Johnson, Jeremy Scott, and Kenzo.


I see this trend being absolutely successful and being picked up by numerous other designers, as well as many fast-fashion companies. These pieces add interesting, eye-catching texture to the simplest outfit, and the pastels and brights are a breath of fresh air for the Spring season.

2 comments:

  1. My post also talked about pastel colors and bright spring hues. Great minds think alike!
    I also like how you talked about both color and texture. Nice job, Joanna!
    If you want to take a look at my blog post too, check out the link below.
    https://streetstalkersweettalker.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think the furs and those soft textures are trending now. I see many people wearing those everywhere in the street. I personally love those textured coats and tops. I think it will stay in trend for a while including spring 2016. I love how they are using bright colors. Those pastel- like tones really makes me think of spring :) Love your post! Very interesting! <3

    ReplyDelete