Wednesday, February 25, 2015

5. Neutrality

Today we're talking about what's hot for this upcoming Spring. The word on everybody's lips, from fast fashion retailers to high-end designers, is neutral. Neutral color palettes are huge right now, from grays to taupes to nudes -- everybody loves neutrals, including me. I love being able to grab a few different neutral pieces from my closet, throw them all on, and instantly look so chic! It's so easy, you could seriously do it with your eyes closed.

I noticed that H&M is very in the swing of things, as all of their window displays featured all neutral pieces.



PS - Do we love the overalls? Because I know I do, and I'll 100% be rocking them this Spring.

Denim is also huge right now! Denim shirts, denim pants, denim shoes (maybe?)... either way, denim is everywhere, and not only in the traditional blue color, as you can see H&M is doing white denim. But Gap decided to stick to that traditional blue denim, and they had a huge window display showcasing how they style their denim pieces. 


Denim is so effortless and chic, and a nice-fitting pair of jeans can take your look over the top!

Finally, Forever 21 seemed to be playing with both denim and neutrals! As you can see in this window, they're dressing up grey denim with an array of neutral shades and lightweight layers, which are absolutely perfect for Spring.


3 comments:

  1. Joanna- I found your post to be entertaining! By the way I too am intrigued by this overall trend, I want to test it out but years down the road I sense I will see photographs and like my mother warned think "Ugh! What was I thinking!?" I really liked how you noticed the prevailing color trends for Spring fell into a neutral category, I noticed in my observations that many stores collectively were choosing displays with these neutralized mannequins. If you have a chance check out Club Monaco I think they did a wonderful job creating an aesthetically pleasing display while utilizing the neutral color palette.

    On another note Harper's Bazaar says that 1 of the 8 top trends for Spring 2015 is the overall !! http://www.harpersbazaar.com/fashion/street-style/g4266/street-style-trends-fashion-week-spring-2015/?slide=13

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanna, great post! I've noticed three huge color trends this season: neutrals, vibrant shades, and then a combination of neutrals with pops of vibrant colors. I'm personally in love with neutral tones for any season, but I love that they've been taken to a whole other level this season. However, I will say, my favorite trend this season has actually been a combination of neutrals with vibrant shades! I'm so looking forward to brightening up a simple outfit with a little pop color!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so funny how you're talking about neutrals because I just discussed this trend in my product development class. I, too, love neutrals. They're just so cohesive with almost everything and give you a chance to add a pop of color. Too many neutral colors can be very bland so I think it's important to incorporate a pop of color.

    ReplyDelete